Wednesday, November 18, 2009

How do humans think

I asked my roomate how he thinks remembers. He told me that he remembers something that happened to him when he is 2 years old. But when I asked him if he remembers what he read on internet yesterday he does not remember that. How is this possible. Why does our brain chooses to remember somethings and forget others. After a long discussion this is the conclusion we arrived at.

Our brain stores the impact something had on us. Bigger the impact more the chances of it being stored. I am not involved in the pshycological aspect of this. What interest me is that brain stores the impressions we leave upon it. Just like when we draw a line in sand, bigger the line longer it stays.

Next we discussed on how the information is retrieved from our brain.

to be continued

No comments: